FZ2500 poor battery life

Started Mar 5, 2020 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cheapthrillz New Member • Posts: 10
FZ2500 poor battery life

I have been using this camera for about a year now. It's a fine camera but the biggest downside for me is the poor battery life. A battery lasts about 1.5 hrs even if I don’t take many photos. I use it a lot for bird photography which involves leaving it turned on most of the time while I am out in the field because I figure moving the lens in and out when turning the camera on and off uses more power than just leaving it on. I mostly shoot in AP mode and use a back button for AF. I think the continual auto exposure metering is maybe the key thing using power. When I am out with others I am changing batteries much more often than my friends, some with bridge camera others with DSLRs.

I would like to know, are the settings I can change that will reduce power use? and, might there be something wrong with my camera?

cheapthrillz's gear list:cheapthrillz's gear list
Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH +1 more
Panasonic FZ2500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow