Anyone notice a shortage of M6 Mark IIs?

Started Mar 5, 2020 | Discussions thread
OP Wintereater Forum Member • Posts: 84
Re: Anyone notice a shortage of M6 Mark IIs?

Murrango wrote:

Wintereater wrote:

I've been looking to upgrade to the M6 II, and something I've noticed is that availability seems to be oddly low in Canada, despite the camera only releasing a couple months ago. None of my local best buys have it (I even checked all the ones in Vancouver, a huge city), and the camera shops I've called all said something along the lines of the camera being "rare" for some reason, which I don't get. Has the camera just not been selling well, or is it just Canon neglecting Canada? Not sure how long the shortage has been going on for (Corona related? lol).

I'm not sure if Best Buy Canada is stocking the M6 II in any of their stores yet, but it is available on their website for online ordering. The Canon Canada eStore lists both kits as being in stock, as does Henry's Camera in Toronto. I usually order directly from Canon.

"Yet," so does it usually take that long for them to do so? It's not like the camera was released last week, and Bestbuy is a pretty popular seller of camera gear. The smaller shops like Kerrisdale Cameras and London Drugs have them in stock at my local physical stores, but they all only have one, and by the way they worded things, it seems that they never got many to begin with. I just find this odd since the M6 II is Canon's latest M series flagship, and the holidays have long passed.

Wintereater's gear list:Wintereater's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Canon EF-M 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow