While waiting for my Fuji 50mm f3.5 to arrive...

Started Mar 4, 2020 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DaveJC
DaveJC Senior Member • Posts: 1,864
While waiting for my Fuji 50mm f3.5 to arrive...

So two weeks ago, I ordered the Fuji GFX 50r plus the 50mm f3.5. Quite a bargain at $4K. This would be my first time using a medium format camera. As is obvious now, the body arrived in typical rapid B&H fashion but the lens is in the “more to arrive soon” category. Turns out, me and just about every Fuji MF owner ordered one so the wait is indeterminate as Fuji tries to crank them out. So I have a body with no lens. Never one to not see an opportunity in a problem, I looked up Lensrentals for the first time ever. Their rental fees are not unreasonable so tried the 32-64 zoom. Really just needed to test the body but this is giving me a great chance to try lenses that I would have maybe never considered buying. First off, I am blown away by the detail and DR of the sensor. Way beyond my expectations. The zoom performed admirably but it was one big bugger. Definitely not a subtle street photography lens. Next I plan to rent the 250mm as the Blue Herons have returned to their roost here in NE Ohio. I will test to see the needed magnification with my 100-400 and XT3 to decide if the TC is needed also. After that I think the 23mm then hopefully my 50mm will arrive. If not, I just may keep going down the list. This is my opportunity to try these very expensive lenses at minimal cost. Something I may have never done if the 50mm arrived with the 50r. Opportunity knocked and I am having fun

-- hide signature --

DaveJC

DaveJC's gear list:DaveJC's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm GFX 50R
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow