Could it all right to buy X-pro3 now?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
Threaded Veteran Member • Posts: 3,405
Re: Could it all right to buy X-pro3 now?

I’ve noticed something interesting in the Fuji UK refurb store.

Watching the store for bargains and price movements has become a bit of a hobby of mine over the past few years.  As with any new Fuji, the X-Pro3 appeared on the store a short while after it launched, at the reduced price of £1349, and they had a few available for a while last year, so far so normal.

What’s interesting is that for a long time now, they’ve been completely out of stock.  Now bear in mind the refurb store stock is made up entirely of cameras that have either (a) been returned to a retailer for any reason, ie they didn’t like the colour etc, OR models with a specific fault that needed repair (the Fuji UK repair facility in Bedford, which handles repairs from across the EU, run the store out of the same office).

Now either EVERY X-Pro3 sold in the UK and EU has been completely fault free AND nobody that has purchased one has had any second thoughts or buyers remorse whatsoever, OR they have a stock of returned cameras that they’re currently withholding from sale.

Given that this is a Fuji service centre, it crossed my mind that they may be aware of an impending fix needed to these cameras - a component replacement for the OLED for example - and they’re waiting to apply this fix to the X-Pro3s waiting in their workshop before releasing them for sale.  Pure speculation on my part, but... possible?

Threaded's gear list:Threaded's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow