Sad Used Prices for EM-1 first edition

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Klarno
Klarno Veteran Member • Posts: 4,233
Re: Sad Used Prices for EM-1 first edition

Len_Gee wrote:

averacpa wrote:

Just out of curiosity, today I checked KEH for selling (to KEH) prices on both my EM1 and GX7 camera bodies both in excellent plus condition. While the EM1 only fetches $95 dollars US, they will give me $129 for the GX7 yet the EM1 is superior in so many ways.

In terms of percent of value, the $600 GX7 bought new is holding up so much better than the EM1 (also bought new), which in my case was overhauled by Olympus last year for green blobs in the EVF. They replaced the viewfinder and the rear dial and brought the camera back to specs, although the rear dial in my opinion was not needed (already replace once and working perfectly).

I am still quite happy with the images they both take and will hold onto them for a while longer. Funny how many of Nikon film cameras are still selling used for more than their original cost (if in good condition).

I recently saw a good condition EM-1 at a camera show asking $75. No takers.

For that kind of money I might have reconsidered my recent decision to never bring two cameras on the same trip.

-- hide signature --
 Klarno's gear list:Klarno's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow