Are people maybe a bit too critical towards Fuji?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
LMOE Regular Member • Posts: 267
Re: Are people maybe a bit too SENSITIVE towards Fuji?

deednets wrote:

LMOE wrote:

This forum seems to have the most intolerant reactions to any Fuji criticism - IMHO - leading to the most locked threads.

Nobody finds any camera "perfect". All reviews are part fact, part opinion. The reviewer was just doing they job competently by providing an honest opinion. Ultimately, what you are criticizing is the reviewer's opinion because you don't with agree it. Would you rather a reviewer not provide an honest and complete opinion? Cover up any negative opinions lest someones feelings are hurt?

So at the end of the day we end up with:

1.) User criticizing some aspect of a camera

2.) Forum member criticizing user for criticizing the camera - usually by questioning their motives or integrity

3.) Thread being locked

Rinse and repeat.

All of this is IMHO.

I wasn't just talking about YouTube rants here, neither was I talking about criticism as such.

But the cherry-picking of an aspect of a tool and then getting the rather large verbal hammer out is in my opinion often a tad OTT.

Any theory why dpreview listed "too many dials" in the dislike section after they like the handling?

They also spoke as there was some agreement about this ("we...")

Unless the reviewer used the Royal "we" of course 😎

My goodness. You are selectively calling out one minor line in an overall positive review. And it was last the last CON. This is what I was talking about. This obsession with forum members narrowly obsessing with any comment that they feel is a slight to Fuji.

And please tell us what you think is the perfect number of dials? And what makes that any more valid than the reviewers opinion? Of course, most here would say without thinking that it is already perfect. Lest one say otherwise and then have an entire thread devoted to folks calling out the reviewer's motive or competence (as has occurred here).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow