Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
LenRivers Senior Member • Posts: 2,463
Re: Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?

goshigoo wrote:

I have been thinking for long time of moving from m43 (GX85 + 14/20/45/7-14/35-100) to A7iii (35 + 85 f/1.8, and now perhaps 20 f/1.8 and Tamron 70-180 or wait for A7iv this year).

I also have 5D3 + 35 f/1.4 II, 135 f/2 and 70-200 f/4 - However I rarely take them out because of the size.

I love the photos taken by my 5D3; the photos from my GX85 are ok given its portability.

As I already have 2 system so I do not want to add another system.

I would like to ask for those who owns both cameras; could you share your opinions after moving to A7iii?

Obviously I am not able to ask this question in m43 forum as I will be branded troll for sure

Thank you!

Since 2009 or so I have made my rounds with a Nikon D90, then Micro 4/3's (Panasonic) then Fuji X, back to Nikon FF then to Sony A7 iii.  In the middle I had Sony APS-C

I shot with upgrading bodies and lenses in each system as my needs changed.

I will say this and this is just me I am not telling you what to do. My view is all.

If one is not using a camera or lenses sell it, that represents $100 bills depreciating.

Be result driven.

What can the Sony A7 iii do that your Panasonic cant, What can Sony do that Canon cant

If your goal is just a small camera system look at Micro 4/3's and Fuji X.

IF you want F 2.8 zooms and size and weight are an issue Sony and well FF is not for you.

The goal is what type of photography do you do on a regular basis.   Maybe all you need is a point and shoot camera or a bridge camera like the Sony RX-10.  You may not need a system camera? I dont know... Only you know.

I have the A7 iii with the 24-105, 200-600 and I just sold the Batis 18, 40 and 135 mm which I will still recommend just made some gear changes.    Just sold the Batis lenses and video gear to add a new camera when I think the Sony is too much to carry.

I use the Sony for event photography 24-105 with flash OCF and I just got a killer price on that 200-600 it was a no brainer (way less then they sell for)  Keeping that for now.

Buy what you need in that moment and sell what you dont use or try to know that you just dont need to buy it to begin with.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow