A little RX100 m6 and RX10 m4 heresy & Ulta S20 really, reallly?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Travelshooter Veteran Member • Posts: 3,401
A little RX100 m6 and RX10 m4 heresy & Ulta S20 really, reallly?

I (we) tour via cruise ship and ship oriented land expeditions ...  so this isn't about weddings, specialty stuff, or anything other than travel photography on the move, most always in guided groups but occasionally it's just me and wifey ashore.

I've done trips with many, many brands and types of cameras and most recently with the Sony RX100 m6 as my on shore camera ...  and sometimes off the veranda heading into port, and the RX10 m4 on specialty expeditions ..  whale, sea lion  or penguin hunting ....  although air moisture (humidity) at sea level seems to mitigate the RX10's advantage much over 300 - 400 mm. ...  just my experience talking here.

I prefer to carry as little weight and gear on trips as possible.....   and have taken some really good (IMHO) shots at 400 mm with the RX100 m6, although some what pixel limited for any additional zoom..

I've looked at the currently advertised teasers and online promo stuff for the S20 Ultra, and need to see some real world images..  ..  108 mega??   100X zoom ?? the examples I have seen seem are too good to be true.  ...  or at least with some de saturation on import to LR with an import profile to correct some of that.

$1600 for a phone?, doesn't hurt much if I move an RX 10 m4 at decent money.

-- hide signature --

www.MartinDareff.com

Travelshooter's gear list:Travelshooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX10 IV Samsung Galaxy S7 edge +9 more
Canon EOS M6 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow