Hopefully, more than a rumor

Started Feb 27, 2020 | Discussions thread
Murrango Forum Member • Posts: 77
Re: Hopefully, more than a rumor

MyM3 wrote:

When that is said, the rest of the EF-M lenses are much better - “very good to excellent” (as I said)(except that other cheap kit: 18-55mm, which seems to be the worst of them all). They all works excellent on both the old and the new sensor.

Whether or not you get a decent kit lens, is really luck of the draw. You got a bad 18-55, yet I have two copies of the 18-55mm, and both are very good. Sharp across the frame, with no sign of decentering. My sister also got a more than acceptable copy with her original M. You got three good copies of the 15-45, yet many people on this forum weren't so lucky. I bought my M5 as body only, because of all the horror stories about the kit lens.

Would it really be so hard for Canon to improve their quality control? Or at least provide the option of buying a high-quality short standard zoom in native EF-M mount...

Murrango's gear list:Murrango's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 1000D Canon EOS 500D Canon EOS M Canon EOS M5 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow