Sell Canon M3 for a Sony A7 Full frame

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shebulba Junior Member • Posts: 39
Sell Canon M3 for a Sony A7 Full frame

Hello!

I need some advice on my latest purchase options...

I have a Canon M3 mirrorless as I use to adapt vintage canon glass along with native M-lenses and adapted Canon EF and EF-S-lenses. Together with this camera I also have a Canon 7D and a old 1D Mark II N.

I'm looking to get into full frame and got the idea I could switch my M3 to a mirrorless FF so I still could use vintage glass and make the switch to FF less expensive.

So i thought I'd buy a Sony A7 original and adapt vintage glass and my newer Canon glass with adapter. I've read that adapted EF/EF-S lenses on Sona A7 original doesn't focus very fast...

Would this switch be a good idea? I get to have a mirrorless I can use vintage glass on (and it's FF!) but I sacrifice faster autofocus of EF/EF-S lenses and I need to get a pretty expensive adaptor for that.

I don't really want to sell my 7D and 1D Mark II N just yet to get a FF but I want to get into FF, haha 😛

Is this a good option or should I just save to get a Canon 6D or something similar? I don't want to get rid of the M3 either because I want to be able to adapt vintage glass.

Hope you all understand my dilemma!

Thanks!

Shebulba's gear list:Shebulba's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS M3 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +12 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow