With rumors of a Z8, where does the Z7 fit in?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
anotherMike Forum Pro • Posts: 10,022
Re: With rumors of a Z8, where does the Z7 fit in?

It fits in precisely where most/almost all "first attempt" cameras in a lineup fit in - still usable, still the same camera it is today, but likely more than a few steps behind in some aspects of capability because by the time the manufacturers get to the second generation, they've addressed the concerns of the first. So I would expect a Z8 will have a better EVF, better AF, 1/250th sync and dual card slots, all of which were deal breakers for me when I considered the Z7, even though for some of what I do, a Z7 would be fine as is. And when the Z8mk II or Z99 or whatever comes out, then the "original" Z8 will fall into a similar category.  And on and on it goes. It's up to each of us to figure out what matters and whether to wait for the who-knows-when "next model" and stand pat, or jump in now. Both are valid approaches depending on the person. I'm the former, many in this forum are obviously the latter.

-m

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jfw
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NCB
NCB
(unknown member)
FKS
FKS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow