Capture One raw conversion question

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ZapperVT Regular Member • Posts: 279
Capture One raw conversion question

Hi Fujifilm X System people. I am a long-time Nikon owner who is intrigued by the Fujifilm X-T series, especially now with the release of the X-T4. The X-T4 represents everything I want in a mirrorless APS-C camera, and (unlike Nikon) Fujifilm supports it with all the lenses and accessories that I want.

Here are my questions: How well do default Capture One conversions of Fujifilm raw files match the out-of-camera jpegs in color and tonality? Do the picture profiles and film simulations match those of the camera?

One of my issues with Nikon is that the default LR raw conversions are frequently way off from the jpegs. Nikon's free raw converter (Capture NX-D) does an excellent job but is limited in functionality. So for more complex retouching I first convert in Capture, export as 16-bit TIFF, then edit in LR or PS. So it would be nice to have a system with a powerful photo editor that also provides default raw conversions faithful to the OOC look. Does Capture One do this for Fujifilm raw files?

Thanks for your replies!

ZapperVT's gear list:ZapperVT's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D810 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow