Affordable option for landscape photos? (buying a 2nd camera)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kyle-io New Member • Posts: 3
Affordable option for landscape photos? (buying a 2nd camera)

Hi everyone. I've been really getting into photography lately, mostly landscape photos and outdoors-y stuff. I spend a lot of my day in an office, so I am really digging being outdoors, and mixing in the artistic and technical aspects of photography as well. I'd say I'm fairly new to everything overall, but I've got a decent amount of knowledge or a base to build on taking photos, and occasionally making videos as well (I've got a youtube channel where I do some tech reviews and unboxing). Right now, I've got an SL2 I'd purchased last year, and my wife and I would like to get a second camera for when we're out, because she also likes to take photos, and it would save us passing the camera back and forth. And I also think it might be an opportunity to get something that might be a bit better for landscape photos, and maybe enhance my videos too, without spending a huge amount on a second camera. 
So, I've been looking at a ton of different options - and I guess I'm a bit stuck on where to go. I've looked at maybe getting another canon, as the extra batteries and lenses I have would easily swap over - but I'm not sure if there is much of an upgrade I can make in terms of quality, as it seems like everything in my price range is going to probably be using the same sensor, and from what I understand, produce about the same image. There is an option to go full-frame and grab a Canon EOS RP, but I've seen a few reviews that say it's pretty underwhelming in some instances. Also, other Canon options crop 4k quite substantially and there is no other option to shoot 24fps, which really makes it unusable if I'd wanted to shoot video in 4k. So with the Canon route, I guess I'm not sure if I should just stick with a more inexpensive option here, or what to do, so I started looking at other options.
My biggest gripe I would say with other options, is I'd have to buy new lenses and whatnot again. I see there is adapters to make your canon lenses work with other brands, but I'm not sure how great they work? I was looking at Sony cameras with a crop sensor (a6300/6400), and also an a7II - it's older, but its really affordable, only downside again, is it doesnt shoot 4k. I guess I'm just suffering from a bit of decision paralysis here - wondering if anyone might have some good info here that isn't super biased based on the type of camera they're using, and why it may make sense to stick with Canon or move elsewhere. Any information would be greatly appreciated, I'm option to all suggestions, brands, etc. I really just want something that takes great pics, does half decent video that isn't gonna come with a super large price tag.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow