Topaz Studio or Luminar 4?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JDsnaps New Member • Posts: 21
Topaz Studio or Luminar 4?

Hi, I'm fairly new here at DPR, and photography is a hobby, I don't do it professionally. I shoot various systems: Fuji; XT-1 & 2, X-A3, XH-1, Pentax; K-3, K-01, K-7, K-5, Panasonic/Lumix; FZ1000, ZS40, and Samsung; NX30, NX1000, NX200. I mostly shoot RAW+JPEG, and a variety of subjects; landscape, people, buildings, pretty much anything and everything.

Some of the software I've tried so far is Silkypix, Corel Aftershot Pro 3, and another one I can't remember now. I've tried playing with Gimp and gave up. I've never used Light Room, or any Adobe product, but have watched some how-to videos and find them all too daunting. I'm getting older and don't have the time nor patience for the learning curves of the popular pro type software.

I have no interest in spending hours editing a photo, I just want to do things like sharpen, crop, adjust; WB, exposure, color, etc. Perhaps occasionally I may want to play around with things like HDR, bracketing and some artistic coloring & effects etc..

The two in the title interest me, but I'm not sure which would be better for me.

Not really looking at anything else for now, but of course all advice will be considered and appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Joe

JDsnaps's gear list:JDsnaps's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G5 X Pentax K20D Pentax K-7 +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow