Is A7R iv really that much better sealed than A7R iii?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
robonrome
robonrome Senior Member • Posts: 2,328
Is A7R iv really that much better sealed than A7R iii?

I have the A7riii and enjoy using it. I've been tempted by the mark iv, but not quite enough by the features and extra mp to make the leap as yet.

Weather sealing is important to me. Much of my travel photography is in harsh environments, dusty and or wet. To date when I think I'm going into bad weather or very dusty environments I reach for my Olympus EM1.2... but I'd rather be using the sony with confidence  ... i feel more comfortable and at home with the sony user interface and the image quality is obviously a stepup.

I read the mark iv has better weather sealing but how much better?. Has anyone any experience or evidence they can share that would give one confidence of taking it into places and  conditions  that they wouldnt with the mark iii?

robonrome's gear list:robonrome's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +10 more
Olympus E-M1 Sony a7 Sony a7R Sony a7R II Sony a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow