How resistant is the XT30 ?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
hlc0512 Forum Member • Posts: 57
Re: How resistant is the XT30 ?

bibop83 wrote:

I've heard... That's unfortunate but also that won't be the one I will bring to the mountain and if I do so, I'll add an external gasket to the connection between body and lens at least...

Is there an other small zoom option that is WR?

Personally, I haven't noticed a considerable difference between WR & non-WR lenses.

I own the 18-55, 10-24, 16-80, 50-140, & 23 1.4. All of them (at one point or another) have been used it various conditions on mountains, in deserts, along dusty trails, and under light rainfall.

Despite the 16-80 & 50-140 being WR, both lenses have accumulated at least a couple noticeable spots of dust that need to be removed in post processing (my 16-80 is only a 4 months old!) My 10-24 lasted over a year of use when I finally had it sent to Fuji service center for cleaning (approximately 4-5 noticeable spots). Surprisingly, the 18-55 is my only lens that has held up without any substantial dust accumulation. Non of the lenses have failed due to rain despite using them in light drizzles. I've used my rain cover a total of 2 times and if it's raining hard enough for me to care, I'll generally just throw it in my bag or not be shooting.

I do want to mention that I don't baby my equipment. 90% of the time I hike with it clipped to my shoulder strap exposing it to the elements. All the lenses are fairly well constructed and should hold up to moderate amounts of outdoor abuse.

hlc0512's gear list:hlc0512's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow