DSLR advice in $500-$1k range

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
apertured New Member • Posts: 3
DSLR advice in $500-$1k range

Hi all; thanks in advice for your advice.

I'm looking to get back into photography after a prolonged hiatus. I started with a Canon SLR long ago printing B&W in a dark room. When I upgrade to DSLR after that, I stuck with Canon because it was familiar and I had compatible gear. Eventually I sold everything and so am now starting with a clean slate.

I'd like to spend $500-$1000 on a body + a single versatile lens, something similar to Canon's 18-135mm USM or Nikon 18-140mm. I'll mostly use the camera for travel and wildlife photography. I don't care about video. Battery life is important so I'm hedging away from mirrorless. I'm fine with jumping ship away from Canon and learning a new system.

What do you think would fit the bill? I'm up to my ears in internet reviews and have heard various combinations of Canon 77D, T7i, SL3, Nikon D5600, and others. What do you think? Thanks again.

Canon EOS 77D / EOS 9000D Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i Nikon D5600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow