Lens does not retract into body - how concerned should I be?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TheImp New Member • Posts: 3
Lens does not retract into body - how concerned should I be?

Purchased a used RX100M6.

Twice, when I turned the camera off (once by pressing the power button, once by closing the pop-up viewfinder), the lens did not retract into the body. This happened on the first day that I got the camera, but hasn't happened again since in the subsequent ~4 weeks, although I haven't been using it all that much.

Maybe just because I'm paranoid after that experience, I notice as well when I half-press the shutter to focus, there is a light "click" or "thud" that I can hear (nb: all sounds turned OFF) if my ear is close to the camera, and that I can feel while holding it.
(Edit: I used a MVA before, and did not notice this. It's definitely something I feel is a bit out of the ordinary. Unless the M6 is just like that).

I'm worried that these might be symptoms of some underlying problem with the camera that will cause it to stop working (and since I have no warranty, repairs would be $$$).

How concerned should I be?

Sony RX100 VI
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow