Z50 good upgrade from D2xs DX Camera

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ericsphoto New Member • Posts: 4
Z50 good upgrade from D2xs DX Camera

I originally posted this in the questions thread. I want to get opinions on the new Nikon Z50. I've been shooting Digital for over 20 years. Had the 1st Digital Photo studio in San Diego shooting w/ DCS 620 FireWire to Sony Laptop then composite video to Sony 36” XBR Tube TV mounted to the wall. I shoot w/ D2XS DX cameras now, never thought I would need to upgrade they are still bullet proof, albeit OLD. Plus upgrading to new PRO cameras would be soo expensive since I need to upgrade to a FF camera and lenses.

Then Nikon came out w/ the mirrorless Z6 and Z7, hmmm might be a good way to upgrade. Heard they would compensate for my DX lenses. Now out comes the Z50!! Manna from heaven, I can use my DX lenses w/out losing any pixels!! It’s got all the latest and greatest technology at a great price.

I want to know if anyone has been shooting the Z50. Nikon positioned it as a Vlogger's or next step up kind of camera. Would it be good/reliabe for shooting things like portraits and weddings. Still got my D2’s for sports and rough stuff. And its so inexpensive I could replace my non-motorized AF lenses and buy extra batteries! For what I shoot nowadays I think the Z50 would fill my needs. Wifee won't let me get the D6!! Been doing all the research, now I need your opinions to help me out.

Ericsphoto's gear list:Ericsphoto's gear list
Nikon D2Xs
Nikon D2Xs Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow