Fodavil C220 Studio Light

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
LivingTECH New Member • Posts: 2
Fodavil C220 Studio Light

Hey Everybody. I have the Fodavil C220 COB Studio Light from Pixel. It’s an amazing light (less than half the cost of an Aputure 300D Mk2!)! Occasionally, prolonged usage at 100%, in a warm room, with the light pointing straight up (less circulation), causes the fan to turn on. While most of the time it’s not perceptible in my audio tracks, once in a while I have a situation where the light is very close to the mic. A faint fan sound can be heard on video. I’m wondering whether most people who use Adobe Premiere Pro for video editing would take the audio to Audition to filter it out, or whether there is an even faster way to do it right in Premiere Pro.

If you want to hear the sound, scrub to just after the 7:50 mark in the below video, during the segment where I show how the fan can be manually activated. The sound can be heard, and because it’s so close to the mic, sounds pretty loud.

So again, how do you guys/gals filter out times when you get unwanted sound like this? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Pixel's Fodavil C220 Studio Light - Is This The One to Beat?

https://youtu.be/bRgC2yqQ69w

LivingTECH's gear list:LivingTECH's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM +5 more
Canon EOS 300D (EOS Digital Rebel / EOS Kiss Digital)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow