Upgrade from E-M5 Mk 1 - Get E-M5 Mk III, E-M1 Mk ii, or E-M1 Mk iii?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
quink New Member • Posts: 14
Upgrade from E-M5 Mk 1 - Get E-M5 Mk III, E-M1 Mk ii, or E-M1 Mk iii?

I'm a long time E-M5 Mk1 user and looking to upgrade but just can't make up my mind.

Been on my M5 Mk1 since 2012 and finally looking forward to getting benefits of modern technology. PDAF and expanded video capabilities are high on my list.
Lenses I own/use:
Olympus 12-40 pro - This lens is almost always on the camera.
Panasonic 25mm 1.4
Olympus 75-300

I'm going to get the LS-P4 audio recorder to up my video game and I want to get the 60mm macro to try out macro photography when I get a new camera.

My take is:
M5 Mk iii - Better for me since I wear glasses, likely to get more firmware updates
M1 Mk ii - Better burst shooting
M1 Mk iii - Overpriced by $300, hard to justify buying but the extra stops you get with IBIS and HHHR look very appealing.

So I'm really trying to decide M5 III or M1 II. I don't have the ability to try them before I buy so I have to buy on faith.

Also, the M5 III $200 off seems to be expiring soon. So I'm looking to make a choice in the next few days. Or do people think the sales will keep going?

ANSWER:
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow