Back up strategy

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ISQ1993
ISQ1993 Regular Member • Posts: 100
Back up strategy

Hi all,

This is by far the dullest forum question I've asked, but I thought it would be interesting to know the best solution to my current storage situation.

(I should preface this by stating that I am not a professional and thus the extent to which I'm willing to pay huge money for things is limited)

So, I have a mac with 750GB hard drive. I have backed up around 500 GB of this on a WD hard drive, but i would like to consolidate all my photos onto external hard drives, mostly to free up my mac and to make sure the 8 year old mac doesn't die with everything on it! I have roughly 1tb worth of photos in total.

In my situation, would it be advisable to transfer my entire photo library say to a 2tb drive, then copy that onto a second 2tb drive? So I have a back up of my back up?

I haven't really explored the option of cloud storage mainly because I dread to think how long it would take to upload all my photos....

I'd be interested to know how other people manage their storage.

thanks!

-- hide signature --

Instagram: isaac.a.q
Personal site: isaacqureshi.com

ISQ1993's gear list:ISQ1993's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F2.8
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow