Refurbished Z6 received yesterday

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
camerosity Senior Member • Posts: 1,927
Refurbished Z6 received yesterday

Just got this from Adorama $1899 for the body and kit lens. For all intents and purposes this is a new camera. First shot registered as frame 1 in EXIF info, so either Nikon reset the shutter count or this is an overstock item. I've never bought a refurbished camera without any shots on the clock before. Very pleased. Camera was also not set up in any way so I had to set the time and date and other settings. Came in the normal white box with all items sealed in plastic bags.

I have a Z50 currently and am surprised how much quieter and softer the shutter release is on the Z6. Perhaps it is because the body is larger and heavier so the mechanism is more damped. In any case this camera will go well alongside my Z50 and so far I am loving the feel of the Z6 and the 24-70mm S f4 zoom, they are really balanced well.

Decided on the Z6 over the Z7 as it was $800 less (when tax is calculated in) and I already have a D850 if I need higher pixels for anything. 24MP is perfect for most of my photography.

Haven't had a chance to compare image quality with the Z50 but am expecting high ISO performance to be better, naturally. Also have not installed the latest firmware yet. Will try to get out this weekend a photograph with them side by side.

The only feature I miss is being able to change the focus points easily as I can with the Df and D850. I have to go in to the menus on the Z50 and Z6 which is puzzling to me. Sometimes I want "Auto AF" so it chooses whatever focus point it can use for quick focus capture, or the single point in the center. Why can't I change this more quickly with the Z6 and Z50? I suppose I need to map out a custom function button.

camerosity's gear list:camerosity's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z50 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon Df Nikon 1 J5 +13 more
Nikon D850 Nikon Df Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow