ISO AUTO min SS on a dial

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
effer Forum Member • Posts: 71
ISO AUTO min SS on a dial

After switching completely to shooting only RAW, I found myself with an extra dial on camera that only has 2 dials. Most of the time I shoot in AP, so top dial controls aperture. I used lower wheel for exposure compensation before for jpegs, but now in raw only I don't really have any use for EC. Any exposure correction I'd rather do in post. When I switch to manual, lower wheel is utilized for shutter speed, but I rarely do manual.

I would love to be able to set ISO-A-SS on that wheel for semi-manual mode. I often switch ISO-A-SS based on action in the frame, light conditions and the focal length while in AP. For example when I have Sigma 16mm attached I often need to use 1/250 and just let camera set ISO. When action stops, I'd love to quickly switch to ISO-A-SS 1/15 for the cleanest image (low ISO) before fast action resumes. Shooting in manual can certainly solve this iso/ss dilemma, but I do like semi-auto approach more often. I already set the "bin" custom button to ISO-A-SS, so I can do what I need pretty fast, but I'd rather avoid the extra button and the menu.

Sony got me spoiled with the customizations and I really wish for couple more things that are technically very easy to implement with firmware update. Ability to set ISO-A-SS on the wheel would be awesome in my opinion. Wonder who else thinks the same way.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow