((( Great Lens for Events )))

Started 2 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John Koerner
John Koerner Contributing Member • Posts: 622
((( Great Lens for Events )))

I have actually had this lens for several months, without using it too much.

Last weekend, I went to a charitable event with my girlfriend (prosthetics for children in need in Thailand), and had a chance to use it a little bit. I brought "The Holy Trinity" of nighttime event lenses (the 28 f/1.4E, the 58 f/1.4G, and the 105 f/1.4E), and the 28 f/1.4E was, hands down, the MVP.

From wide shots, to close shots, this lens delivers. All of these were handheld and not really in any kind of professional context. For those who are curious, the 105 stated my pouch the longest, the 58 was used here and there; but the 28 was used almost ubiquitously. Enjoy!

Band and participating members

Brochure

Organizers ... Dana & friend

Using the D5 + 28 f/1.E as a "selfie stick"

$8500 in equipment handed to a passer-by for a snapshot

Beauty at the dinner table ... guess what's for dessert 😍

Right before leaving ...

Please realize that these are snapshots. (FYI, I am 55 years old and my girlfriend is 50 years old ... and, yes, I agree a thousand times ... I'm a lucky man 😍)

Please *also* realize that there was no flash, no effort to control light, these were all just authentic photographs (snapshots) taken in the moment with the available light given.

Thanks for looking ... I really love this lens.

-- hide signature --
 John Koerner's gear list:John Koerner's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF +18 more
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm F1.4E ED
Prime lens • Nikon F (FX)
Announced: May 31, 2017
John Koerner's score
Average community score
Nikon 28mm F1.4E Nikon D5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow