Playing with Luminar 4 Sky replacment.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Larry  Witt
Larry Witt Contributing Member • Posts: 637
Playing with Luminar 4 Sky replacment.

Good winter time projects. I've been wearing out the Luminar 4 (one click ) sky replacement, going through hundreds of old photos with gray, bland or uninteresting sky's. Yesterday, I was reading the March Outdoor Photography and saw on the inside cover a light house with a night sky of stars and the Milky Way. So I fired up the Luminar and made

Old Portland Light. They don't say Light house there.

Should not have gone so low with exposer. If in real life, this might be right.

Somewhere in Maine

Luminar's night sky

one of my Late Wife's  Light house shot look better by Lowering exposer of the L.H. to about moon lit brightness, then replaced the dull sky with Luminars night sky. On the Portland L.H. I lit the L.H. light with a star from Topaz. Didn't even have to sit out all night to get this shot. Now I'm looking through all my Light house shots that could use sky replacements, day and night. I do need to not under expose quite so much, because a real super long exposer would have brightened everything up. Still having fun with this easy sky replacement:   Larry

Larry Witt's gear list:Larry Witt's gear list
Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic LX100 II Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a7R III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 150mm 1:2.0 +14 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow