Some recent birds from my nearby forest

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lasse Eisele
Lasse Eisele Senior Member • Posts: 1,979
Some recent birds from my nearby forest

I take a walk in my nearby forest every day. It's a very average Swedish forest but I love it.

This time of year, I have a feeder in the forest that I visit almost every day. Unfortunately, for me (fortunately for the birds), this winter has been extremely mild with plenty of natural food. The birds haven't been very eager to visit my restaurant and the light has generally been poor due to lack of snow.

Still, I have managed to get quite a few shots hat I'm pleased with. The E-M1 II and the 300/4 + TC have performed very well. I'm afraid this Nikon shooter (since 1970) may end up as an Oly loyalist.

A proud great tit.

Coal tit, constantly harassed by the other tits but it keeps coming back.

Long-tailed tit, a beautiful and really cute bird.

This treecreper was just passing by. It wasn't interested in my food.

Male bullfinch.

A great spotted woodpecker is looking at me from behind the pine trunk.

Blue tit.

A male siskin in very poor light. 1/60 s at ISO 3200. Still not too shabby with assistance from Topaz DeNoise AI.

The crested tits are my favourite birds to photograph. They are always so expressive.

Feather detail. This great tit looks like it's showing some attitude. The truth is, however, it's just swallowing a piece of food.

There, I hit the 10 image limit. I may post a few more later.

Regards
Lasse

-- hide signature --
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow