New Sony 8K APS-C sensor.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
coreyweb Regular Member • Posts: 121
Re: New Sony 8K APS-C sensor.

Martin_99 wrote:

amonsul wrote:

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/possible-leaked-spec-sheet-of-the-new-sony-43mp-8k-aps-c-sensor/

The source is our long time sensor source Luke Driftwood. Has a good record and was spot on with the X-T3 Sony sensor and A7rIV Sony sensor.

But it's totally unclear if it's going to be used by Sony or a third party camera maker.

Honestly I consider 24MPx and 4k video already as overkill, at least for amateur as me.

I would rather see eg. better dynamic range, better lowlight performance or more compact lenses.

8k is definitely an eye-roller. It's just not needed yet. I know it's inevitable....but still.....can we just get 4k60 and better bit rates? WAY less rolling shutter, and maybe 240fps slow motion? And super good stabilization/IBIS?
It's a long list.....but Fuji appears to be bringing it. I really like my 6300...but I'm getting closer and closer to selling and going the Fuji route.
Sony's definitely taking their time on things in they're recent releases. They must just not have the space in their a6*** line up to really add all these things without some major hurdles.
I mean don't get me wrong....the bigger battery and eye AF in video are great additions to the a6600......but it's just not enough to upgrade yet.

coreyweb's gear list:coreyweb's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow