Lens choices for 2 days in New York City

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
photomangriz
photomangriz Forum Member • Posts: 75
Lens choices for 2 days in New York City

Hi everyone. I am heading to NYC for a quick 48 hour trip. I will be concentrating on midtown and a little south. Basically from the Flatiron building north to Rockefeller Center. So around 23rd to 50th street and 5th ave west to the river. My interests are to walk the high line. The flat Iron building. The observation deck at the Empire state building or top of the rock (one of them). Bryant Park and of course B&H :)... I have another 3 day trip scheduled in the late spring that will cover central park and lower Manhattan/financial district and Brooklyn. So no need to recommend anything in those areas for this trip.

I will be bringing my RP and the 35MM for sure. Lens choices from there are what my question is. Given my locations do I need a long lens? Do I need an ultra wide? I currently own the following to choose from but only want to bring one more lens besides the RF 35mm...

EF 24-70/2.8 MK1

EF 70-200 /4

EF 24-105 /3.5-5.6

EF 17-40 /4

Rokinon 14mm /2.8

EF 40mm /2.8 ( bringing the 35 so not really an option)

And the EF adapter obviously.

Several EF-s lenses as well from 24 up to 250 in zooms. Thinking the EF-s 55-250 /4-5.6 if you think length is needed. I normally do not use EF-s on the RP.

My original thought is the 24-105 as the second lens as I will be hand holding a lot of these shots and it has pretty good IS.

I will also have my Fuji X-70 with me for some walk around street stuff at night. The Canon will be out during the day.

Thanks in advance for all ideas....

photomangriz's gear list:photomangriz's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow