Is the Fuji X100V for me?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Yannis1976
Yannis1976 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,798
Is the Fuji X100V for me?

Hello,

I am in a phase of selling some of my gear and consolidating it to less cameras. After some advise here I decided to sell my X70, XT20 and Samy 12/2 and just keep the XH1 and the RX100VI (which has great IQ, size, speed etc, but lacks user "satisfaction") as a small take everywhere camera.

Now, the question comes to the X100V. I really love the design, the body, the tilt screen and everything about it, BUT I am not sure whether the 35mm FL will suit me. I have the sense that its neither too wide for people or architecture nor too long for portraits. For example from my primes, I love the 35/2 which is the 50mm and was ok with the X70 FL although never used it for portraits, just selfies with others.

The reason I want a small camera such as the Fuji X100V, apart from obvious GAS, is to use it in social events capturing friends and family, for street and maybe as one camera solution when I decide to travel very light (could be a nice combo with the RX100VI or even substitute it with the teleconverter?)

What do you think? Can some of you post their best X100 images?

Thx!

Yannis1976's gear list:Yannis1976's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Olympus TG-5 Sony RX100 VI Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +2 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-T20 Pentax X70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow