Everything suddenly out-of-focus or blurred!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ohaya
ohaya Regular Member • Posts: 353
Everything suddenly out-of-focus or blurred!

Hi,

I was out shooting (surfing) a couple of days ago. I got there early morning (about 07:00) and shot through about noon, with my usual setup, with X-T3, Tamron 150-600mm G2, and Fringer adapter. I was using a tripod and gimbal. Also, IS on the lens was turned off (so no lens IS).

I noticed that sometime about mid-morning, images, even through the EVF seemed a little unsharp, and from reviewing pics from that day, it does look like a lot of them are really "fuzzy".

And here's the direxif showing the focus point, which looks like it is pretty much on the surfer:

Here's one from earlier in the day:

and the DIREXIF, which shows the focus point, which shows it is slightly above and to the right:

The weird thing is that just a couple shots after the fuzzy one, I got some sharper images;

(OOPS SORRY - here's the DIREXIF):

So does that look like something is wrong with my equipment?

Or is it user error on my part? (FYI, I did double-check the EVF focus (the diopter knob) and it was OK).

I eventually got so frustrated with it that I stopped shooting for the day :(!

Thanks,

Jim

P.S.  This really did happen "suddenly".  When I go there, I bring a chair, and I occasionally sit down until I see a set rolling in, then I get up and start shooting.  I think that when I got up one of those times, and looked through the EVF, everything was unsharp.  I thought maybe the EVF had gone wacky, so I checked that.

Then, I took shots of surfers in the lineup, which is usually pretty stationary except for the water motion, and I couldn't get a sharp image, and I started worrying.

I happen to have two Fringer adapters, so I swapped the adapter, and still had the same problem.

So I am pretty sure it isn't the Fringer, which has worked well for me so far.

I am kind of ticked off because I have an X-T30 body as my spare, but I didn't bring that with me that day.

Anyway, so at this point, I don't know what was wrong.  Lens?  X-T3?

ohaya's gear list:ohaya's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Olympus E-M5 II Canon EOS 80D Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 +1 more
Fujifilm X-T3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow