Sell or keep EOS R after getting the R5

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
yankiefrankie New Member • Posts: 10
Sell or keep EOS R after getting the R5

I am curious if most people will keep or sell their EOS R after upgrading to the R5.

I am only a hobbyist, and I've only ever kept 1 body at a time.  I've always sold my previous body to help finance the new body, but I am torn with the EOS R.  I have a feeling that the resale value will be quite low once the R5 comes out and people start selling their R's.

Maybe it makes more sense to keep it as a spare/backup.  It would also be nice to bring the R and R5 out together and use 2 lenses without changing.  I could put the RF 50 or 85 on the R5 with the IBIS, and keep the RF 35IS of 15-35IS on the R.  This combination has me pretty excited!

The biggest problem may be explaining to my wife why I am not selling the R and how I now need 2 cameras...but I digress. 

What are others going to do?

yankiefrankie's gear list:yankiefrankie's gear list
Canon EOS R Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 G2 Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM +2 more
Ricoh Caplio R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow