Example of the power of 10FPS with 61 Megapixels of the A7RIV

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlbertDros
AlbertDros Regular Member • Posts: 314
Example of the power of 10FPS with 61 Megapixels of the A7RIV

Hi everyone!

It's been a while. But expect some more stuff of myself here today, but first I have something 'cool' to show you here.

I often hear people say 'I don't need 61 Megapixels', but let me show you the following example of how 61 Megapixels can help you out. I took this image a few weeks ago in Antarctica. Penguins jump out of the water there often, but they're super fast. You have to act super quickly to try and capture them. Here I was using the 100-400GM. I liked the original because of the huge iceberg on the background but the penguin was almost invisible so I decided to do a heavy crop on it. You can see 4 images of the sequence, shot hand held at 10 fps. I perfectly captured the penguin jumping out of the water, and had so much resolution that I could crop it in to 3000 pixels and still get an acceptable shot.

Now there are probably people going to say 'yeah but you could've taken this image with a 600mm etc. This may be true, but keep in mind that I was shooting this image from a moving zodiac boat. The 100-400 is still acceptable to use hand held, but much heaving is getting much more difficult. I really believe that the power of 10 fps combined with the 61MP shines here.

Please let me know your thoughts!

PS: And to see my full penguin series from Antarctica (mostly taken with the 100-400GM), feel free to check it here https://www.behance.net/gallery/92335623/Antarctic-Penguins

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow