eBay UK - Are auctions less used now

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TonyGamble Veteran Member • Posts: 3,274
eBay UK - Are auctions less used now

There is a long eBay thread running at the moment but it is US orientated. They liken it to Craiglist and Fred Miranda and a quick look at both of those indicate to me they are hardly ever used in the UK.

I'm in the process of upgrading my two E-M5 bodies from ii to iii.

I contacted the UK end of MPB but it is hard to get excited about their offer when I look at eBay. A minor point but what annoyed me about MPB was that they dropped their offer by £20 a body when they learnt I no longer had the original Oly batteries. Both of mine died years ago and I currently have eight ExPro that I use. So each body can go with four third party batteries - but MPB say that is not what their customers want!

What I was surprised to see was that of the last eight sales of a mk ii on eBay UK six of them were from Buy Now listings and only two were from Auctions. When I was selling off my FF Canon kit ten years ago almost all the non trade listings were Auctions.

Has anyone in the UK noticed this?

If it is becoming the norm is it a good idea to suggest a price and also accept offers - or do they become time wasters? Maybe a better idea is to pick a fixed price and if it does not sell try dropping it a bit?

Tony

London UK

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow