Canon Powershot G11 power problem

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Clement 2000 New Member • Posts: 4
Canon Powershot G11 power problem

Hello,

I have this amazing Canon Powershot G11, and I love it, it looks nice, it is sturdy, it holds in my pocket, the batteries last very very long, and most importantly, it takes pretty good shots (at least, it is more than sufficient for my needs).

However, it has a big problem, which doesn't seems to be normal. Sometimes (pretty often) for some reason that I don't know, it just suddenly and randomly shuts off. The lens, stays open. And when I try to turn it back on, it will try to retract it and then it will turn off after a centimeter. Then I try again, and it will go the other way for a centimeter. And over and over again, until it suddenly wants to work again, and then it's fine.

When this event happens, I noticed that if I close the screen, and then I turn it on, it will work fine, until I reopen the screen, then the screen tries to light up, and a quarter of a second later, boom, it turns back off.

I noticed that when it's fine, if i go in the parameters and try to increase the brightness, it will also crash.

And I also noticed that when I put the flash at max power and use it, it also does the same thing. (then, I don't really care about the flash because I never use it)

Finally, I tried replacing the batteries, but even with recent official ones, I get the same exact symptoms. I also tried changing the charger.

I have absolutely no clue. But I really hope there is a way to fix it, because I really love it.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Clément.

Clement 2000's gear list:Clement 2000's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot G11
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow