So you think facial recognition is the next big thing huh ? Locked

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Max Iso
Max Iso Senior Member • Posts: 8,652
So you think facial recognition is the next big thing huh ?

THIS ARTICLE serves to remind us that our little camera toys are not the only show in town when it comes to processing and software tech advances. Before we get into it, please keep it civil and don't get the mods after us, i'd hate to make a dozen threads on this one subject just bc some pests pick a fight.

With that said, this Polish engineer says all kinds of things, including that facial recognition software can guess IQ, distinguish between emotions, or even sexual orientation. HERE is a Stanford study the author published, using his software to guess the orientation of dating site users, with success rates up to 91%.

I can't say this will ever end up in our cameras but who knows, we already have had smile shutter with some Sony cameras for years. The day could come when we wish we only had DSRLs without all the LV tricks, or maybe not. Judging a lot of personal information about a person based only on a photo of their face could indeed be dangerous.

Feel free to discuss or share more info on the topic if you have it.

-- hide signature --

"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear" -

Max Iso's gear list:Max Iso's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus E-M1 II Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow