EM1 mk iii sales

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Seasider New Member • Posts: 18
EM1 mk iii sales

If the sales to date (and any future sales) of the mk ii are quantity = to X then my gut feel for potential sales of the mkiii are:

Existing users of the mkii upgrading to mkiii = 0.5X (I think that a lot of users, including myself, feel that the mkii is good enough and the mkiii does not give enough 'extra').

m43 users of other cameras upgrading/acquiring the mkiii = .1X (some mki users who skipped the mkii etc.. I can't see Panasonic devotees jumping ship when a G10 is probably not that far away)

Newbies and other system users = .05X (rightly or wrongly I cannot see the mkii winning people over, especially given the current hype surrounding FF, the imminent introduction of new competing APSC cameras etc..

Am I being pessimistic or optimistic at 0.65 of mkii sales.

If it was only two thirds sales of the mkii would that be a kick up the backside for Oly in terms of features for the mkiv or a nail in the coffin for future upgrades?

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow