Best Macro Lens

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
RaymondR
RaymondR Senior Member • Posts: 2,489
Re: Best Macro Lens

The Sony 90mm, as you have already heard from other posters, is very likely the "best." I won't quibble with that -- the images I have seen online from it are outstanding and I have held the lens and its very well constructed.  But after recently looking hard at it and all of the options discussed in the other posts, I opted for the Sigma 70mm 2.8 Art and so far I am very happy with the choice.  Excellent sharpness (no surprise for any decent macro), very pleasing color rendering on my Sony A7ii and the bokeh is good too.  I went for the Sigma because I already have a longer focal length macro (efov 120mm) in another format and I was looking for something meaningfully shorter.  That drove my decision but it also helped that the Sigma was half the price of he Sony 90, a bit lighter and a bit smaller in all dimensions.  But I would have gone with the Sony but for already having a longer macro.  So I guess my advice is consider carefully the focal length you want/need for the imaging you plan to do with yours.

-- hide signature --

RaymondR

RaymondR's gear list:RaymondR's gear list
Sony a7 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow