20-35 usm, Takumar 20, Tokina 11-16, Zuiko 24, Topcor 25 corner performance

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
davoodt New Member • Posts: 9
20-35 usm, Takumar 20, Tokina 11-16, Zuiko 24, Topcor 25 corner performance

I am getting ready to go to Africa for pleasure. I wanted to see which of my ultra-wides, I should take on my trip so I tested the following lenses. The following images are all at f8 though the relative strengths were the same at other apertures. All the lenses were mounted on Canon R with Canon EF adaptor. The Topcor performs a lot better in closer distances therefore I believe the issue was that my super thing Exakta to EF adaptor not being thin enough (not allowing infinity focus - any suggestions) .  The images show only the top right 1/36 of the extreme corner.  Images are in JPG with all camera image correction facilities engaged.  Obviously the native Canon had a big advantage with those facilities (i.e vignetting and chromatic aberrations were fixed in camera) .  That is how I am going to use them in the field, so a fair test for my situation:

Canon 20-35mm USM @20

Canon 20-35mm USM @24

Takumar 20mm 4.5 (scratches on front element)

Tokina 11-16mm 42.8 V1 (quite unfair test for an APS-C lens)

Olympus Zuiko 24mm 2.8

Topcor RE 25mm 3.5 (possibly the best lens here if it was not for the too thick an Exakta to EF adaptor)

-- hide signature --

David Tash
abbynormallenses.com

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow