PEN F upgrade path

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SteveS58 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,491
PEN F upgrade path

Long time Olympus user, doing primarily street photography and some portraiture.  I've been using a PEN F for almost 4 years, and now wondering what the best upgrade path is for me.  I was in Adorama yesterday looking at the EM5-3, and asked to look at the EM1-3 but it's not in stock yet.  It's due to arrive the first week in March.

The things I've always liked about Olympus and my PEN F are the small footprint, the fact that it's built like a tank, and of course the excellent results.  Olympus lenses like my 12-100, 75mm, 12-40mm, and 17mm 1.8 are incredible lenses.

After 4 years, I'm wondering if I'm missing something by not taking advantage of these new offerings.  The EM5-3 and EM!-3 are both weather sealed unlike my PEN F.  I rarely do video so that is not a consideration. According to what I've read, the two new models use the same sensor as my PEN F.  Hand held Hi Res mode shot sounds interesting, but I'm not sure how this will translate doing street photography.

Any advice or suggestions to clarify for me are much appreciated.

Steve

-- hide signature --

Steve Schulman
Steve Schulman Photography

Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow