Whats up with this shot?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
the_litl_prince Forum Member • Posts: 76
Whats up with this shot?

I have a new converted monochrome camera which I am trying to get to grips with.  What I think I am seeing in this image is a cyan and green tint. This image was shot in raw and then converted to dng with lib raws monochrome to dng converter. Its then been taken in to photoshop. My icc colour profile is srgb and its saved as srgb jpeg 100% file looks exactly the same whereas the dng after conversion.

A few things I am noticing with this camera. The live view  and playback function show a bright exposure in camera on the rear screen. However, when opened on my PC they are often very dark.

Going back to the image I suspect that the green/cyan tint is actually shadow noise. If that's true what I find interesting is that in other much darker images I don't see that kind of colour cast.

So for example this one is much darker and shows much less of this green/cyan. My analysis is that because on the above image the color cast/noise/green/cyan tint mess is because the camera is trying to show luminance values in detailed areas. Wheras the below image is just straight up blackshadow

the_litl_prince's gear list:the_litl_prince's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a6500 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow