Got a 6D again, feel like going home

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nonproshooterdad Contributing Member • Posts: 534
Got a 6D again, feel like going home

Got it very cheap, so no worry about depreciation.

My 85L ii works better with 6D than with A7Riii + MC-11. With Sony, I have to use eye AF and C-AF, the AF noise is like crazy. I feel like the camera drives the lens not in native way. With 6D, it's much smoother, even in Servo mode. This is the reason I obtained the 6D again. I don't like to drive the lens so crazily.

With 85L fitted in Sony, I can use the tilted screen. This is the only advantage. I don't feel the eye AF is better than 6D AF. Maybe I should try a Sony native mount 85mm lens. I love my 85Lii. I feel like to add a used 6D is much better than to buy a new FE mount 85mm lens.

Coming with the camera is the Canon 50/1.4 USM lens. I was thinking to sell it out and only kept the camera. This lens is notorious for soft wide open and inconsistent AF, but I got a good copy. I feel like I am coming back to Canon full frame DSLR. I still have 135/2L, I don't think Sony 135/1.8 is much better. With full frame cameras so cheap, it doesn't make sense to adapt lenses. The better approach for us prosumers, is to keep the two systems with the best (quality and price wise) lenses of the both worlds.

nonproshooterdad's gear list:nonproshooterdad's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 80D Sony a7R III Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +16 more
Canon EOS 6D Sony a7 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow