Very wierd behaviour with my OM-D E-M5 Mark III and M.Zuiko Lens

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
llondru
llondru New Member • Posts: 15
Very wierd behaviour with my OM-D E-M5 Mark III and M.Zuiko Lens

I'm new to the m43 system, so not entirely sure if this is normal or not.

I have noticed that the aperture blades on all of my m.zuiko lenses (45mm f/1.8, 17mm  f/1.8 , 60mm f/2.8 macro, 12-100 f/4 is pro) dynamically open or close depending on how much light there is . More light = higher aperture , less light = lower aperture.

The thing is that this happens whenever the camera is powered on, no matter what. It happens when using the EVF or the screen, and as far as I can tell, it it isn't affected by any options that I may turn on or off inside the camera.

When I do focus though, the diaphgram fully opens, to close to its position before focusing.

In the video you can see at first that I'm focusing (thus the diaphragm opening fully), then closing partially, and then as I move to a brighter environment (outside, and pointing to the sun), the diaphragm closes further.

To clarify, this happens ALWAYS, without any action from my side. I'm a bit confused whether this is an intended feature, and why is it exactly?

I'm a bit upset about the "click-clack" whether I focus every time, hearing the blades opening and closing.

Other than that, all lenses work perfectly, and there is no real issue with the camera.

Also, didn't find anything related to this behaviour on the internet.

Any thoughts can someone test this on their bodys (specially the em5.3) ?

Thanks!!

llondru's gear list:llondru's gear list
Olympus E-M5 III Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow