Another C1 20 question - cropping

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
davidevans1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,712
Another C1 20 question - cropping

When I start cropping the size of the image is shown as 2048px x 1365px which I've worked out is the Export as JPEG for web use size and the crop numbers only move below this if I crop to a tiny image below 2048px x 1365px.

How do I get the crop size to show the actual crop pixel size, not the JPEG size please? I'm processing RAW.

This happens even though I've unticked the Process Recipe boxes. I'm starting to worry that it's because I have trhe Process Recipe boxes set up incorrectly and maybe this is affecting everything I do. Here are screen shots of what I'm referring to.

I'm generally processing Sony Raw Files then exporting JPEG for website. I will start printing also at some stage, not sure if that will make a difference. I'm also puzzled that some JPEGs I export show the file size as around 200-300KB whereas others are showing around 1750-2000KB and the crop size is not dissimilar. That's far more than I would expect, even taking account that the smaller photograph has a lot of even area (sand), whereas the larger one has more complex composition (a building).

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

David

davidevans1's gear list:davidevans1's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony FE 100mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow