Do You Offer Camera Advice? I Don't Anymore.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
OldSchoolNewSchool Senior Member • Posts: 1,253
Do You Offer Camera Advice? I Don't Anymore.

Over the years I've had a number of friends say that they're going to buy a camera, and, "What do you think I should buy?  Can you give me some advice?''  So, I'll ask them questions like what kind of pictures they'll be taking and if they're going to post online or make big pictures, etc.  This all happened up until about 2013.

Once the fourth person requested detailed help, I stopped doing their homework for them.  After going to fairly great lengths in reviewing and recommending two or three good cameras to buy, the first three friends ignored my advice and bought what was on sale at Best Buy.  I get it, they're free to get whatever they want, but I got tired of doing conscientious legwork for good friends and having it ignored.

Now, when someone asks me to do a deep dive into what camera to buy, I simply tell them that it doesn't matter, that they're all good.

Have any of you experienced something similar with your friends?

-- hide signature --

My state of confusion has turned into a circle of confusion.

OldSchoolNewSchool's gear list:OldSchoolNewSchool's gear list
Canon G9 X II Canon EOS 70D Olympus E-M1 Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow