Panasonic new mid range L-mount camera is coming next

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Flashback
Flashback Regular Member • Posts: 466
Re: Panasonic new mid range L-mount camera is coming next

Lethiferous wrote:

I am fairly invested into the L mount for a hobbyist. I sold all my sony gear. I find the s1 body a bit large but not deal breaking (i use to walk around with a 5dmark iv) I love the glass, i can't say how much I love the glass. I shoot jpeg and raw, and I only really edit the raws of pics that I really plan to use a wallpaper or share out etc. I love the soc jpegs on the s1r. So much more than Sony. I think I liked the canon soc jpegs just as much. I've sold off my eos r, but I kept the RF 50 1.2 and RF 24-70. The r5 announcement has me thinking about canon again. However, having looked at my photos of the RF 50 1.2 vs 50 1.4 s pro and 24-70 RF and 24-70 Lumix. I really prefer the images the lumix glass puts out. I think optically they are superior and given the size it better be lol.

If I may step in here, like you sold all my Sony gear for the EOS R + 50mm F/1.2 but found the sensor and lens just didn't cut it. Now shooting with the S1R and Sigma 105mm, plus some older adapted Canon glass. And yes that forthcoming R5 has got me thinking, but I'm just getting such lovely files from this combo, I think I'll stay with it. Just can't decide my next lens . . .

Flashback's gear list:Flashback's gear list
Leica X1 Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS 5D Sony a7R II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow