Color correction, OM-D System

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
User3630284672 New Member • Posts: 2
Color correction, OM-D System

I'd like to know if anybody can suggest how to capture true colors in the OM-D system.

I'm asking because of the variation in the images below.  The deep blue is the original image.  It is not anywhere near the true color of the object.  The true color of the object is not deep blue, it is a rich teal.  This color is better represented in the second, green-tinted image.

The reason color is important is that these shots will go into a catalog.  Of the different colors, teal is the only color that fails.  The rest -- black, white, blue, gold, and orange -- all render acceptably.

The modified image was created using Affinity Photo.  Though I worked on the jpg image I've included here, I also have the raw image.  It has identical color characteristics.  Consequently, I don't believe the camera's translation from raw to jpg is at fault.

The image was shot with an EM-1ii using a PRO 17mm f1.2 lens  The exposure particulars are:  5500 degree K studio lighting, ISO = 200, exposure of 1/5 sec at f 5.6, Auto WB.

Causes, ideas, workarounds?

User3630284672's gear list:User3630284672's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 25mm F1.2 Olympus 45mm F1.2 Pro
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow