How resistant is the XT30 ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bibop83
bibop83 Regular Member • Posts: 262
How resistant is the XT30 ?

Hi,

I'm highly tempted by the XT30. I want to switch from Sony, I have the A7ii and while the body size is ok lenses are so big and quite expensive and I can no longer afford staying there.

XT30 would be the perfect switch. I was considering XT3 but as I don't value video features and buffer, it didn't seem right to put more money on it. I've also considered m4/3 but would like APS-C for various reasons.

However, I take my camera often on multi pitch climbs, ice fall climb, mountaineering etc... Where weather is not always perfect.

My A7ii did just fine shooting on the snow fall or getting a bit wet on light rain and is not advertised as being weather resistant. Don't get me wrong I don't let the camera out during hours on the rain, I just get it out of the jacket, shoot and put it back in.

Question is, how would the XT30 perform in those conditions ? It's not advertised as being weather resistant but so is the a7ii. By the way, I will use the WR lens on it.

Thanks for your feedback, happy to join the fuji family

Theo

bibop83's gear list:bibop83's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Samyang AF 35mm F2.8 FE
Fujifilm X-T3 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow