Add Sound to Electronic Shutter?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
1943Mike
1943Mike Regular Member • Posts: 330
Add Sound to Electronic Shutter?

I'm sure I'm in a minority here but I'd love to see Olympus include an option to add sound to the electronic shutter. Somehow I just can't get comfortable shooting without that reassuring sound (artificial or not) of the shutter mechanism. I'm left with the nagging feeling that I may not have captured the image.

I know that there are other indications that should assure me the light has been captured but it's the sound of the shutter I miss most. That's why I'm so reluctant to keep my E-M1.2 on silent shutter mode.

There are other cameras that have had the option to add sound to the electronic shutter mode including, I think, some Oly 4/3 cameras.

How many of you would like Oly to add that feature to the OM-D series in a future firmware update?

Just wondering if I'm alone in this.

-- hide signature --

1943Mike

1943Mike's gear list:1943Mike's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow