OM-D EM5 MK III initial impressions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EliezerNJ New Member • Posts: 10
OM-D EM5 MK III initial impressions

Decided to upgrade my 2nd body EM 10 Mk II to the EM5 Mk III. I like having a smaller body to pair with my E-M1 MkII. It’s especially nice to have that smaller body to put in a jacket pocket and go.

Size-wise the new EM5 is only a little bigger than the em10, but the grip is way better for my big hands. Paired with an Oly 1.8 prime it is easy to carry. In terms of make I would have preferred a metal body but the plastic is not as bad as I thought. I have my fingers crossed in terms of the bottom plate, but I don’t tend to put this body on my tripod anyway. Of course, the control buttons are a bit harder to work than on the E-M1 Mk ii, but better than the em10.

I tested it with my 12-40 and 12-100 lenses. The 12-40 seems to balance nicely while the 12-100 is a tad big, but certainly workable. I’ll use my 40-150 with the E-M1 Mk ii.

I Q seems very similar to the E-M1 mkii in my early attempts. As Robin Wong says - a mini E-M1 mkii in many ways. Must say I’m impressed thus far!

Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow